While visiting family in Michigan, we had a delicious Mediterranean style dinner. It was beyond amazing! The salad was on par with how the Greeks served their veggies. Minus the lettuce.
Lucky me, I had a chance to visit Greece. Whenever we ordered salads, the lettuce was missing! How could that be? Well, it really didn’t matter.The Greeks have this amazing way of taking relatively simple ingredients and making it taste so complex – it’s irrestibly good. So, of course, I had to share the with you. This recipe serves about 6 small salads. Unfortunately for my husband, I ate 5 of the 6 servings.
Ultimate Greek Salad
- 1 cucumber chopped into half moods
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup herb crumbled feta cheese OR regular crumbled feta plus 1/2 teaspoon of oregano and 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 romaine heart chopped (1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Start by chopping your vegetables. In a large bowl, layer your vegetables: cucumbers, olives, feta, romaine, grape tomatoes.
Pour olive oil into the salad and toss with your hands.
Want MORE yummy St. Louis Greek food? Try the gyro and saganaki here!
Olympia Kebob House and Taverna in Dogtown.
Saint Louis, MO 63117