Busy, it’s happened. Between, triathlon trainings, yard work, removing popcorn ceiings, and painting the house – there’s little room for some fun. Also, my husband graduated with his Masters. Such a smart cookie, so proud of him!
But for me, it’s my passion for chopping, sautéing, recipe making and blogging about food! I’ve missed being here.
Here’s recipe in execution, is very simple. Chop, bake, and 45 minutes later you have a delicious side dish. Choose your favorite root or dense veggies, as they will not become mushy. Examples: potatoes, winter squash, fennel, onion, radish, turnips and you can pair these with your preferred herbs and spices. Yum! Hope you enjoy…
Roasted Root Vegetables
Serves 4, Prep 15 minutes, Roast 45 minutes
- 6 fingerling potatoes (3 purple and 3 yellow)
- 6 radishes
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons herbs (fresh dill)
- spray olive oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a baking sheet with foil, and grease the pan.
- Wash, dry, and chop your vegetables. Make sure your chop is an even cut so they roast well.
- OIive Oil: 2 methods. Either toss veggies in a bowl with the oil OR lay veggies on the baking sheet so they are not touching. Spray with oil until well coated.
- Finely chop herb of choice and sprinkle on top of the veggies. Add salt to taste.
- Bake 45 minutes or until nicely browned.